Friday, January 24, 2014

a birthday tribute to graham

graham's fifth birthday was in november and we happened to be out of town so i never wrote a special birthday post for him. i did manage, though, to take some photos of him in front of his birthday banner. the following photographic representation should tell you everything you need to know about my sweet grahamer-boy - that he's a stinker.

the photos are in order exactly as i snapped them. it is not at all lost on me that the silly photos are much more in focus than the sweet. i tried so hard to get one in-focus smile...but this guy has been a mover and a shaker since he was but a fetus. i can barely keep up!

but first, here is a link to a video of graham i posted on youtube. it is one of my all time favorite moments with him and it so perfectly captures his awesome personality. if that 20-month-old cutie-patootie doesn't make you smile, i don't know what could.










































graham
i was sure as sure can be about you when you were born
but then you threw me for a loop by crying non-stop for four and a half months
which i will never forget
and i will never let you forget
because it's just how you role
the grumpies always come before the smiles
the sillies always come before the sweets
i became sure about you again when you were five months old
sure that you would be my sunshine and my happiness and my everything hilarious
you keep me in stitches
you keep me on my toes
you keep the smile on my face and the joy in my heart and the adventure in my life
you are your own good time
you are everyone's good time
you are the life of the party and the light of our lives
you take great pleasure in bringing us laughter
it is your gift to give
and you are quite generous
to say i love you would not be enough
my heart giggles with gleeful bubbles that are full of love, love, love for you









No comments: