Monday, February 10, 2014

if i were wealthy...


if i had so much money that i didn't have to think about what i spent or how i spent it this is what i would do...

hire a personal chef - wouldn't it be lovely to not have to cook? or fetch snacks for children all day, every day? or meal plan? or grocery shop?

hire a massage therapist - wouldn't it be lovely to have someone at my beck and call who could work out the kinks in my shoulders?

hire a housekeeper - wouldn't it be lovely to never do laundry again? or clean bathrooms?

i would probably also see a psychologist every week (or at least every month) for the rest of my life.


some people might want a chauffeur. not me.
some people might like to hire a personal trainer. not me.
some people might enjoy a personal shopper or social secretary or an accountant. not me.
 

a chef, a housekeeper and a masseuse would make me a very happy woman.


who would you put on retainer if you were wealthy?


p.s. i would also really, really love to give lots of money away to people and organizations...and buy things for people just because i know they would love them and sponsor children...but that's another post for another time.

3 comments:

Judith Lloy said...

My hubby and I fantasize about this all the time! We always come to the same conclusions:

1.) Personal chef. (Probably a similar theme among mothers :)

2.) Housekeeper

3.) A babysitter/nanny on retainer, not only so I can occasionally go grocery shopping alone, or date night, but also because we homeschool and sometimes there just isn't enough of me to go around!

4.) With out whole mix of sensory stuff, a nearly fultime occupational therapist would be greatly appreciated around here as well!

rachel white said...

hey judy! i totally thought about a nanny, too! but then i narrowed it down to my "must haves". is it bad/sad/crazy that i want a masseuse and not a nanny?!?!

Judith Lloy said...

No! It's not crazy at all! In fact I t would probably help reduce your migraines a little. :) We all have different needs and wishes, one of mine being able to pee without an emergency erupting on the other side of the bathroom door!

I listed four, but really I would be very satisfied and enormously less overwhelmed with just a couple combos of the four. Housekeeper/cook, and nanny trained to do my kids OT work would be quite sufficient for me.

Individually, I don't mind doing any of those things myself, even enjoy most of it, but I am very outnumbered and often in need of an extra pair of hands!