Wednesday, March 6, 2013

a target run and running toward a target

after i dropped graham at preschool this morning i stopped at target for a couple items. jeremy needed shave gel - gillette fusion hydra gel ultra sensitive, to be exact. all other shaving creams/gels are dead to him. the boys needed glue. we have taped together far too many craft projects because our glue sticks ran out weeks ago. and taped-together crafts just don't look as cute as glued-together crafts. so those were the only two items i needed but you know i walked out of the store with 13 extra somehow-they-just-hopped-into-the-cart items.

oh how i love you, target.


on a completely different subject, i read something last night just before falling asleep. it's a keeper, this quote...

"...the best, sanest people on the planet know: that life is long, that people both change and remain the same, that every last one of us will need to f**k up and be forgiven, that we're all just walking and walking and walking and trying to find our way, that all roads lead eventually to the mountaintop."   
~cheryl strayed, from the book "tiny beautiful things; advice on love and life from dear sugar"

can i get an amen? 

i mean...that's exactly what i would write if i knew how.

i love you, cheryl strayed.


my friend, debbie, gave me this book. she is my go-to girl for anything book, movie, theatre and
restaurant related. she's a keeper too, that debbie. she's given me a number of books over the years but this one seems to have "coincidentally" found it's way into my hands at just the perfect time. i have loved reading a few pages each night before i turn out the light. it's been a great way to focus a bit less on myself and turn my attention toward the plights of others...while still soaking in the wisdom from which each one of us, no matter our personal demons, can benefit.

and that's my hump-day nugget for ya. happy wednesday y'all!

 





 




2 comments:

Judith Lloy said...

Hi! I'm Judy.
I finally had some time to check out your blog after reading some of your post on the SPDBlogger network. I'm really enjoying it.
We kind of have similar perspectives on things, I relate to so much of what you're writing.
I have thre kiddos, two with (unofficially so far) SPD. Thanks for being willing to share your struggles. I look forward to keeping up with your blog!

Your welcome to check out mine if you want. We have a couple similarities. Kind of cool to know there's other people who kind of think along the same lines.

http://hide-n-sensory-seeking.blogspot.com

Hope you have a great rest of the day. (I should get off sugar, but that would mean giving up my coffee creamer, and I'm totally not ready for that yet! But big kudos to you! Keep doing what makes you feel great mama!)

rachel white said...

hi judy! thanks for reading and commenting! this blog world is so fun. i can't tell you how many times i've read a blog and thought, "she could be my bff". :-) i especially love the spdbloggernetwork because the moms there understand exactly what i am going through. it's just nice to relate to others in that way.

i've read some of your blog - i'm seriously considering buying a bilibo!! :-) thanks for that awesome idea!